WAALM Soon Presents:
THE 1ST WORLD SUMMIT FOR ARTS AND CULTURE – VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA
The summit’s theme will be “Meeting of Cultures: Sense it through the Arts”.
- The summit will explore how the arts can help to foster intercultural dialogue and social cohesion.
- Symposiums, workshops and round-table discussions will be held over a three-day summit.
- The first day’s workshop will focus on theoretical and historical issues; the second day’s sessions will focus on practical ideas that could be catalysed at the summit and the third day will be allocated to ‘performing arts’, ‘live performances’, ‘shows’, ‘galleries’ etc.
Areas of discussion:
- Issues pertinent to the future of arts and culture in the world will also be discussed, with a look at questions like: How do we continue these discussions in our own countries? How do we advocate for the arts, nationally and internationally?
- Other topics on the agenda will include how public arts policy can contribute towards creating decent jobs; the importance of intercultural dialogue; art as an instrument for public good; freedom of expression; the global economic downturn; art in conflict and war zones; climate change, mental and health care, etc.
- The summit will also be used as a platform to examine various ways in which countries can support the arts. Overall, it aims to resolve how the arts can fit into a world where people are culturally divided and how they can be used to build multicultural societies, and foster social cohesion or development between people of different backgrounds.
The summit’s dedicated website will bring the World Summit’s presentations, workshop videos, and video lectures to the public for FREE further education, streaming and download. And a dedicated team, will manage live forums, Q & A and discussions online via social media Sites.
Date: To be announced - More information will be communicated soon.